[Bf-committers] Blender 2.49 RC1 ahoy!

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 09:42:16 CEST 2009

Hi Ken, since we'll include python with blender2.5 Id rather not
re-open this discussion, didn't realize the player had python
statically linked.

Having another problem though.
GLSL is failing with the 2.49rc1 builds on my Arch linux system.

But GLSL & Yofrankie work fine on the graphicall auto-builds made with
ubuntu 8.10.
Nate Nesler is also having GLSL crashing as soon as its enabled on
64bit ubuntu 8.10 with the 2.49rc1 builds.

Reported the bug here
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=18618&group_id=9&atid=125

- Cam

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Ken Hughes <khughes at pacific.edu> wrote:

> Refresh my memory; didn't we decide against this before (at least for
> *nix) because we'd also need to include python.zip, and we couldn't
> agree what to include in that?
>
> BTW, blenderplayer is linked statically with python for linux.
>
> Ken
>
> Campbell Barton wrote:
> > Could the linux builds have python statically linked?,
> > Just set WITH_BF_STATICPYTHON=1
> >
> > Without this blender wont even load if the python library versions dont
> > match.
> > With staticaly linked python people can make games in the blenderplayer and
> > give them to someone else without worrying about the version of python
> > installed
> > (as long as they don't rely on system modules like OS, but for games this
> > isnt so much a problem)
> >
> > I noticed this because I cant run blender rc on my system which has python
> > 2.6.
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 11:34 PM, Dalai Felinto <dfelinto at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >> A question: are the Release Candidate Builds optmized (i.e. compiled
> >> with flags like -O2 (not sure if this is the right flag)) ?
> >> More specifically I'm asking about the windows build (32 bits) and the
> >> OSX build.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Dalaai

> >> www.blender.org