[Bf-committers] Blender 2.49 RC1 ahoy!

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 22:08:54 CEST 2009

Hi,

> Users on blenderartist have been reporting slowdowns in the game engine
> since 2.48 which is strange since for my own builds/test there have been
> some big speedups and some files have ~double the FPS that they used to be
> 2.48.

2.48 is definitively slower with big files. Things got better after
release 19779 though -
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-blender-cvs/2009-April/018968.html

Other than that I'm still trying to do performance test against
official 2.48a and 2.49RC1, but I would need some clarification in the
"official" build flags too. I realized I never compiled with any
optimization flags at all. I hope this is the reason I'm getting a
performance decrease of 50% between 2.47 and 2.49 (from 20 ~ 30, to 10
~ 15 fps).

Cheers,
Dalai