[Bf-committers] What documents should I read in order to embed blender?

Lars Krueger lars_e_krueger at gmx.de
Thu Apr 23 18:06:52 CEST 2009

> need to embed the 3d view window of blender into my own program to
> display a 3d surface(yes, all i need is to display a 3d surface as
> blender display it).

A while ago, somebody suggested or submitted a patch that allowed remote control via interprocess communication, named blender console or so.

Following URL looks like the thing.

http://pythonide.blogspot.com/2009/03/standard-python-console-inside-blender.html

If python can read commands from stdin, you could make your application send python commands to an e.g. named pipe and make blender read this instead of stdin.
--
Dr. Lars Krueger

Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dslspecial.gmx.de/freedsl-surfflat/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a