[Bf-committers] CAVE like extension for Blender Game Engine

jonathan ferguson jdpf at edumetrics.org
Thu Apr 23 06:44:16 CEST 2009

hi.

On Apr 21, 2009, at 5:51 AM, Stefan Zimmermann wrote:

> like functionality? Several machines run Blender with the same
> project, one
> is the 'server' running the full application (with logic, interaction,
> physics simulation...) and the other machines only apply every
> change to
> their scene graph which the server does (either by using a simple own
> protocol like I did for my application or by using a middleware like
> CORBA
> or ICE)...

I realize that the implementation of verse in blender is not complete,
but it seems to make sense for this application. I might be wrong
about that, but it seems a good fit to me. The "main author" of verse,
Eskil, is working on LOVE these days, which uses verse extensively.
(See: http://www.quelsolaar.com/).

Verse was built for the collaborative manipulation of 3D data in real-
time, and may fit your project. Verse has attracted significant
attention lately by the game community, because Eskil gave a talk and
demo of LOVE at this year's GDC.

See: http://www.blender.org/download/get-blender/verse-blender/
And: http://verse.blender.org/
And: http://www.uni-verse.org/

The links at the bottom of that page are particularly useful on the
context and history of verse.

There is a #verse channel on freenode as well (though it is very quiet
these days).

Thanks.

have a day.yad
jdpf