[Bf-committers] CAVE like extension for Blender Game Engine

Olm-e ol at ogeem.be
Tue Apr 21 22:26:46 CEST 2009

I've made this installation in November, wich was using 4 (only 3
displayed) screens  rendered in a single computer. It is actualy the
project that motivated the inclusion of videotexture in the trunk by
Benoit. : thinsynchdspaces02c-web.ogg
<http://memoir.okno.be/OKNO/PROJECTS/residencies/2008/olm-e/thinsynchdspaces02c-web.ogg>
http://tinyurl.com/cydv5r
there isn't  much information on this however actualy because there is
still some things I want to correct before to have more public
presentation (like a sound track in the installation).

but technicaly, with current hardware, it's quite easy to setup like
this with multiple view/camera in the viewport. With current speedup
development, it should be even more powerful.
I haven't tested with 6 screens however, but it should be doable with
some matrox dual/triple head at xga resolutions. (it's on a possible
list of projetcs for me in the coming year with this or with other
piece... with Dalai's dome maybe) I've done test with 4 times near HD
resolution and it's still managable.

Also it should be quite easy to synchronise 2 or more instance of the GE
on one or more computer, throegh some UDP or OSC links (I used OSC in
that install to control the GE from a Pure-Data patch that do the camera
tracking)

cheers,

Olivier Meunier
okno.be