[Bf-committers] CAVE like extension for Blender Game Engine

Mitchell Stokes mogurijin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 17:21:31 CEST 2009

> 1.) Are there already some ideas or projects relating such things?
> 2.) Are possibly other people interested in such an extension?
> 3.) Will the Blender Game Engine have a future (I read about plans to use
> OGRE or CrystalSpace with Blender...)?
> 4.) Are there any good resources describing the Game Engine internals and
> where can I find them?

1) I haven't heard much about anything else like this for the BGE.
Although. dfelinto's dome stuff might have some similarities.

2) It could be interesting to have, but it may have to live in a
branch for a while. I'm not sure how it would best be integrated with
the BGE.

3) The BGE definitely has a future. The last two and the next Blender
releases all have a lot of good BGE improvements. Also, a game studio
has started working with the BGE and they've already added some nice
stuff and plan to add more.

4) There isn't much actual documentation about the BGE's code that I'm
aware of. Drop by #blendercoders (an irc channel) and there's a few of
us there that can give you a hand in figuring out the BGE code.
There's me (Moguri), ideasman_42, ben2160, and dfelinto.

Good luck ;)

--Mitchell Stokes