[Bf-committers] why building blender from svn breaks opengl?

明覺 shi.minjue at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 13:06:50 CEST 2009

Greetings!

My platform is debian amd64, and I first installed blender by apt-get
install blender, and it worked very well. A few minutes ago, I built
blender from its svn source code, following the instructions at
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Building_Blender/Linux,
after that, both the blender new built and the blender i installed
from debian have broken, here is the error message:
minjue:~/workspace/Blender/Blender-svn/blender# blender
Compiled with Python version 2.5.4.
Checking for installed Python... got it!
intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_WindowX11.cpp:177: X11 glxChooseVisual()
failed for OpenGL, verify working openGL system!
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  18 (X_ChangeProperty)
  Resource id in failed request:  0xb8626930
  Serial number of failed request:  20