[Bf-committers] Raytracer Optimization

André Pinto andresusanopinto at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 21:51:34 CEST 2009

Hello Timothy,

GSoC results are out, and Raytrace Optimization did got accepted ;)
I am the student of that proposal.. and for the following months I will be
working on raytrace code.

You can check my full proposal here: http://andresp.no-ip.org/gsoc/raytree/

And indeed it goes in some directions you said, namely try different data
structures, and make it more modular to make it easier to try new stuff.
Although it does runs away from things like CUDA optimized (lets wait for
openCL :p?)

Btw testing with real user cases is part of that proposal:
so it could be useful to share your test.blend (if you would like to do so)

And of course any feedback and help/hints for SoC will be welcome ;)

Best regards,
André