[Bf-committers] Raytracer Optimization

blender at erwincoumans.com blender at erwincoumans.com
Mon Apr 20 19:55:02 CEST 2009

Timothy,

I think it is a very good idea to generalize the acceleration structure, so
please pass on this idea to this GSoC proposal that Kent mentioned.

Apart from KDOP/Octree, an alternative option is to add Bullet dynamic AABB
tree acceleration for ray queries. Right now this btDbvt is already used for
broadphase collision detection and occlusion culling (view frustum/occlusion
maps) in the Blender game engine.

Thanks,
Erwin