[Bf-committers] Meeting minutes april 19 2009 + bcon4!

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Apr 19 17:51:43 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Here notes from today's irc session.

1) Current projects

- Nathan Letwory reports progress on Open Rendering Environment, ORE.
   http://www.renderfarm.fi
- Benoit Bolsee is ready to integrate his new dynamics based IK code.
   He'll use an existing branch for this.
   He also works on modifier support for GE (not particle or cloth).

2) Blender 2.5

- Wiki stats page will be updated asap.
- Lots of commits from everyone in 2.5, not going to summarize this :)
- Joshua started port of Grease Pencil, I'll review patch for it.
   Main changes: it will become "ID" library data, and linked via
regular data items, not the UI anymore.

3) Blender 2.49

- Meeting agrees on moving to "bcon4" for trunk. Next weeks everyone's
invited to only do essential bugfixes now. Tracker already went down
from 165 to 119 now in past weeks. Can we make it back to 50?
- If you have new regression files: put here on mailing list for me to
collect
- Since it's not sure whether 2.5 saved files will crash 2.49, proposal
is to not prevent it, but stick to a warning notice with a more clear
text than now:

"Warning!"
"You have opened a file saved in a later version, the file will read,
but key information will get lost, like animation data."

- During this week we'd like to prepare for a RC1 build. I'll send a
separate mail as reminder, and to check status of available release
builders.

4) GSoC

Latest tomorrow, Google will inform all students about their
application. We then will contact the picked ones with invitation to
join a GSoC student mailing list, and will instruct them about further
steps. Candidates that didn't make it, can get feedback from one of the
mentors.

-Ton-