[Bf-committers] Removing Build Systems

H hans at lambermont.dyndns.org
Sun Apr 19 16:32:35 CEST 2009

jmsoler at free.fr wrote on 20090419:
> Selon Toni Alatalo <antont at kyperjokki.fi>:
>> Dunno if cmake could do what scons does now, and generate nice makefiles
>> like the hand written ones are now.

blush :)

> Here Cmake fails calling cl.exe to compile anything and VCExpress to
> create any makefiles.

At work we use cmake to generate visual studio solutions.

This way the developers who use visual studio can work in their native
build environment.

The generated visual studio solutions are also used for the buildbots
using MS' devenv tool. We use it like :
vsvars32 && devenv project.sln /build Debug /project ALL_BUILD
So a batch system for automated processing.

> From my point of view, Scons is more reliable, easier to modify (just
> a set of python scripts) and to use in a batch file.

My POV is quite different ;-)

-- HxNaN