[Bf-committers] request for 2.49?

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Apr 15 14:55:57 CEST 2009

Hi,

During our game project, a similar topic for CS export came up.
A reliable method for this is complex though, data changes in Blender
happen all over, and much out of sight of the caller functions.

In 2.5 there's a bit better control, editors can register listeners to
catch notifications about changes. Also this is not precise or exact
though, but mainly to define whether UI should refresh.

A good start would be if we first develop our own preview render to
handle incremental changes well; then such code is maintained and
tested well, and usable for others.

Certainly not "simple addition" here, and not to rush in for 2.49
really!

-Ton-

Blender Institute BV  Entrepotdok 57A  1018AD Amsterdam The Netherlands