[Bf-committers] GSOC : OpenGL Rendering Performance improvement in the view port

joe joeedh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 19:10:11 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 10:25 AM, Aditya Vishwakarma
<adi.vishwakarma at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been going through the codes which i might have to modify to achieve
> the goal mentioned on my GSOC project. It would also require modification of
> the draw codes for the derivedmesh. However, there has been a call for code
> freeze on derivedmesh related code.
>
> I wanted to know how much would i be effected due to this development.

It's fairly important that you try and make your effort as independant
of DerivedMesh's interface and API as possible.  It's ok to recode the
drawing functions within DerivedMesh, but adding new interfaces or
modifying the DerivedMesh api in any way should be avoided.  The idea
being that if you do this, your code will be easily ported to the new
mesh infrastructure.

I think it'd make sense to have this be a separate API from
DerivedMesh.  Something that any piece of draw code can make use of.

Joe