[Bf-committers] Mesh development freeze

blender at erwincoumans.com blender at erwincoumans.com
Tue Apr 14 16:04:34 CEST 2009

Just a bit of context, why I'm pleading for compatibility:

I'm working on readblend, a library that can extract arbitrary data from
.blend files. It works great, and I want to rely on this for some of my
ongoing prototyping and R&D work for Bullet physics. For example, it allows
me to extract some logic bricks, Bullet soft body data (etc), without having
to bother about an intermediate fileformat, writing a python exporter etc.

1) Would it be feasible to add a 'save-as pre 2.50 .blend', using your
proposed tesselation into the .mface structures?

2) Can you try to keep the underlying .blend file structure compatible, so I
can continue my readblend project?

Thanks a lot,
Erwin