[Bf-committers] Removing Build Systems

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Sun Apr 12 18:08:40 CEST 2009

I'm a cmake/makefiles user I'd say we should shoot for ditching
Makefiles but I don't think we should right now.
Not enough people actually use cmake so it sometimes fails to
build for awhile before things are worked out.
(I like having the Makefiles as a backup)

Also there are some serious issues with the cmake setup.
On MacOS even if I set an alternate path for some libs using
ccmake, it completely ignores it.  (Will have to test it again
and then I can post specifics)
(I like saving space on my machine by not installing the lib dir
and using system libs)

Kent