[Bf-committers] Removing Build Systems

vekoon vekoon at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 17:04:22 CEST 2009

I guess it much depends on personal preference, i.e. people using
makefiles will say no and people using either scons or cmake will be ok.
I say this because being one of the latter I'd agree totally with this.

On a side note, the minimal knowledge I acquired using SCons is not
enough to determine this so I'm asking to SCons experts: couldn't it be
possible to add an additional layer to scons build (like some flags)
that from SConscript files could generate CMake equivalents? So that one
can adopt SCons as the only (official) build system supported but if you
want native project files you can still have them without adding up
efforts for devs to maintain 2 build systems.