[Bf-committers] Fwd: [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [19592] trunk/blender: BGE Scenegraph and View frustrum culling improvement.

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 16:26:51 CEST 2009

Recently I downloaded the free MSVC and to get it running you have to
jump through some hoops (get a WindowsLive account), go out and
install an extra package for windows headers IIRC there where some
other deps too that added up to a few 100mb.

After that it worked well but its means you cant quickly build blender
on a windows system without this messing about.

yep cygwin is very broken, should probably be removed or someone
support it again.

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 6:39 AM, Shaul Kedem <shaul.kedem at gmail.com> wrote:
> using msvc 2008 express with cmake looks like 2.5 works, at least
>
> On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Carsten Wartmann <cw at blenderbuch.de> wrote:
>> Campbell Barton schrieb:
>>> I found scons+mingw very hit and miss. Sometimes BF_SPLIT_SRC is
>>> needed, sometimes it works, sometimes I get linking errors at the end
>>> of a build when its used.
>>> Its a pitty because mingw is very easy to setup on windows even if its
>>> builds are not quite as optimal as MSVC.
>>
>> Yes, and also it is the only(? cygwin is not working I guess) way to
>> build with OpenSource tools on Windows I guess.
>>
>> So it would be desirable to get it working. Jesterking helped me out so
>> often because the mingw/scons build was broken regularly.
>>
>> Carsten
>>
>> --
>> Carsten Wartmann: Autor - Dozent - 3D - Grafik
>> Homepage:         http://blenderbuch.de/
>> Das Blender-Buch: http://blenderbuch.de/redirect.html

- Campbell