[Bf-committers] 2.49: Yafaray & Lux support

Giuseppe Ghibò ghibo at mandriva.com
Tue Apr 7 21:30:32 CEST 2009

Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It would be cool to align the release with the two most used external
> render systems as well. I would especially like to add more info to
> this page:
>
> http://www.blender.org/download/get-blender/external-renderers/
>
> A screenshot, sample render(s), and direct links to downloading the
> extension scripts would be great.
>
> We also have to define what to do with the yafray button in Blender,
> and the old yafray code. I assume that's not supported, and can be
> removed?

How about simple swapping yafray with yafaray?

Here there should be a patch for doing so:

http://people.mandriva.com/~boiko/patches/yafaray_blender_export.patch

IIRC should be for older blender (March 2008, so probably blender 2.46),
but if you say yafray part was not supported, the code
shouldn't be changed, and thus patch still applying.

Bye
Giuseppe.