[Bf-committers] About Final Gathering

echelon at infomail.upr.edu.cu echelon at infomail.upr.edu.cu
Mon Apr 6 18:37:19 CEST 2009

Hi all!

  for the photon mapping build I have implemented now a first draft of
final gathering according to the algorithm definition but I have still
several doubts about it.
   with FG you shoot random rays to gather illumination samples from the
photon map (done), but that way you get high frecyuency noise and that
is not observed in other softwares final gather algoritms.
  did they use some sort of interpolation?

 I have searched for the web about final gathering papers but the vast
majority only talk about the photon mapping and briefly cover final
gather

       any suggestion/help on that?

                                      Cheers to all Farsthary