[Bf-committers] Request for Wiki and mailing list for Robotic community

Benoit Bolsee benoit.bolsee at online.be
Mon Apr 6 16:01:48 CEST 2009

Hi,

Today I gave a presentation at EURON (robotic annual meeting) about the
I.K. project that I'm working on at the moment with the KUL. This was
during a Blender workshop. Some people in the assistance (coming from
various robotic labs in Europe) didn't know about Blender but many were
already using Blender for various things. It appeared that several Labs
will have or have already projects and resources dedicated to blender
and many believes that Blender could become in a year or two an
essential tool for robotics for the benefit of the whole community
because many robotic problems are pertinent to animation and games.
In order to facilitate the communication and the exchange of resource
between these labs, there was a request to get a page on the official bf
wiki as well as a mailing list dedicated to Robotics.
Is that a practical thing to do? It would be necessary that many people
can update the wiki.
If not, some are volunteering to host the wiki but using bf official
wiki will attract more attention and probably generate useful feedback
from the animation community.

Benoit