[Bf-committers] Meeting april 5, 2009

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Apr 5 17:53:36 CEST 2009

* Current projects

- ffmpg follow up: patch for big endian systems need confirmation

- Python license definition is more clear now for Martin.
   I've added in our FAQ, still waiting for FSF advise

- Blender GE web plug-in player: mail about this topic will follow!

- Erwin Coumans is coding a BSD/MIT/Zlib licensed .blend reader
   He intends to make a .blend compatible freely licensed player using
Irrlicht and Bullet.

- Siggraph: chances are 90% or better that we can afford a great booth
in New Orleans! This also includes plenty of free Siggraph passes,
which will be spread among the volunteers who help out with it. I still
don't know how many we get... last time it was about 20 conference
passes. Next to that we get 200+ exhibit-only passes. If you intend to
visit Siggraph and like to hangout on the booth, wait with purchasing a
ticket until I know more (2 weeks max).

* 2.5

- See bf-taskforce mail about code planning for April

- More todos still, consult Brecht!

- Vekoon will assist Brecht on API coding

* 2.49

- Bullet fixes done, some small tweaks still

- GE API is nearly done, 1-2 weeks work max

- Proposal: next sunday move to BCON4 (svn freeze, apart from bugfix),
and call for the first RC1 test build (for 15th april). The week after
we verify state, and either make RC2 or real release.

- Splash competition should start, I suggest the Apricot artists to
pick (Pablo+Chris)

- I'll do the log, send me links to pages in wiki for it!

- I'll update regression suite, if you got .blends (small please)
notify me

- Bug tracker needs love!

-Ton-