[Bf-committers] Blender logo usage guidelines

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Apr 5 11:26:23 CEST 2009

Hi,

This page was meant as service for people who want to use the logo,
that's all.
In case you want to make a derived product, under GPL, that's an entire
different issue, and not described in the page.

If there's need for information about that, I'll try to construct a
good wording of it. I'd like to know then also what cases it's for. All
distros I know that compile and spread Blender can just call it so, and
use the desktop icons in our code, and the Blender logo as described in
the logo page.

This "20% width" thing is confusing yes, it's been picked arbitrary a
bit, to illustrate that it should be used as a logo, not as a page wide
illustration. Obviously this width is a designer guideline, not related
to mobile phone viewers.

Lastly; it is quite common to use a copyrighted and non-GPL logo for
free/open source products. Even gnu.org restricts using the gnu head.
This is like a signature, a verification of software developed by the
blender.org community.

-Ton-

Blender Institute BV  Entrepotdok 57A  1018AD Amsterdam The Netherlands