[Bf-committers] The best way to make 3D surface from a math equation(s) using blender?

jmsoler at free.fr jmsoler at free.fr
Wed Apr 1 12:49:27 CEST 2009

Selon joe <joeedh at gmail.com>:

> We don't support implicit surfaces via user-inputted equations (ah
> which I assume is what you want? like pov-ray?)  You could write a
> python script that'd do the calculations and tessellate the result,
> but it'd be quite a lot of work.

It seems that Blender works with implicit surface in metashape and fluid physic.
It would be a good idea to connect the marching cube method used in one of these
two places to the python API.

In another side, there is already a script to show this kind of equations:
http://jmsoler.free.fr/didacticiel/blender/tutor/cpl_surfaceimplicite.htm

jms