[Bf-committers] The best way to make 3D surface from a math equation(s) using blender?

明覺 shi.minjue at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 10:27:43 CEST 2009

2009/4/1 joe <joeedh at gmail.com>:
> We don't support implicit surfaces via user-inputted equations (ah
> which I assume is what you want? like pov-ray?)  You could write a
> python script that'd do the calculations and tessellate the result,
> but it'd be quite a lot of work.

yes, I hope that when i provide a math equation like x^2+y^2+z^2=10,
then blender will draw the sphere, of cause, the equation can be much
more complicated. Is it a good idea to integrate the k3dsurf into
blender? I found that k3dsurf is good at math equation surfaces
production, and it's also a free software.

thanks for the information!