[Bf-committers] The best way to make 3D surface from a math equation(s) using blender?

明覺 shi.minjue at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 04:51:38 CEST 2009

Greetings!

I'm not sure whether it's the right maillist for me to ask this
question. if not, please tell me the right maillist i should send it,
thanks.

I have a project which needs to visualize a 3D surface from a math
equation(s), it's a surface of a mechanical part, and the project also
needs to animate the process of making the part by a machine tool, so
I'm considering using blender to do all the jobs. I have found that
blender is very good at 3D visualization, and I believe it also has
powerful animation ability, but I found little material on the support
of math equation 3D surfaces, could you give me some advice about
implementing this function by blender? thanks.

--
My platform is debian sid AMD64 gnome.