[Bf-committers] Meeting notes: 2.48 plans

Benoit Bolsee benoit.bolsee at online.be
Thu Sep 25 16:10:01 CEST 2008

>For all regular devs it means to communicate now if there's known
>showstoppers!

There is a problem with the blenderplayer, at least in Windows: the
texture and lighting is completely wrong in the blenderplayer. It is
like that since 2.47. I think it should be fixed before we release 2.48.

There is also another problem with external python scripts in the BGE:
external classes are not compiled between BGE sessions. It used to be
the case so that you could modify the script and re-run the game to see
the effect immediately. Now you need to explicitely load the scripts at
the start of the game (via a startup script) otherwise it loads the
script once on the first session and does not reload until you stop and
start Blender.
I think we should revert to the original behavior before 2.48

/Benoit