[Bf-committers] Official yafray support

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Sep 25 11:08:58 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm not a yafray user, but knowing all work since the last yafray
update (2.43, a little bit for 2.44) in our renderer I can only assume
it lacks support for newer features. (point cache, hair, duplicators,
etc). We don't have verified use cases and users really. But we do have
bug reports for this.

Keeping a yafray page on our site supported only for 2.44 would clearly
indicate that that's the version people can use for yafray rendering,
without the newer stuff in Blender.

Of course, if people want to work on an updated yafray binary or
support in Blender (or at least documented where things fail), that's
very welcome.

-Ton-

Blender Institute BV  Entrepotdok 57A  1018AD Amsterdam The Netherlands