[Bf-committers] Official yafray support

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Wed Sep 24 19:48:27 CEST 2008

Hi,

It still works for me on linux. The only problem I know of is that
blender is being compiled with a new visual studio version that has an
incompatible c++ abi, while the windows yafray binary is compiled with
an older version. That should be fairly simple to fix I think, but still
no one has done it. I'm not really opposed to removing the button since
it isn't being maintained by any developers as far as I can see.

If it will be resurrected with any render plugin api is unsure, I would
rather expect the new yaf(a)ray to be supported for example. In any case
I would not expect a render engine that isn't under active development
to get a high priority.

Brecht.