[Bf-committers] Patch tracker reviewing rules

Early Ehlinger earlye at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 19:37:06 CEST 2008

You may want to mention that persistence can go a long way as well.  If you
*really* want to see something in the trunk, prove it by keeping your patch
alive, updated, and synched with the latest versions of Blender over a long
period of time.  This shows the "insiders" that you're committed and are not
going to just dump a patch into the trunk and skip town, leaving them to
maintain the code in your wake.  It also verifies that your code is useful
enough to merit inclusion.

Also, when developers provide feedback, it's best to try to incorporate
their (hopefully constructive) criticism into your patch.  Usually the patch
will be better, you'll learn something along the way, and you'll ease the
maintenance burden for later on.

-- Early