[Bf-committers] Meeting notes: 2.48 plans

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Sep 23 20:06:07 CEST 2008


Since we need a good build for Apricot dvd anyway, the sunday meeting 
participants agreed on just be brave and name it a release. :) I went 
over the full tracker and provided we fix some of the main issues (ray 
errors for example), the svn trunk status is quite good.

The ultimate last deadline for dvd is oct 10, but we'll schedule for 
weekend of 3-4 oct to be safe.

For all regular devs it means to communicate now if there's known 
showstoppers! Otherwise we move to feature freeze now (bcon3) and svn 
freeze (bcon4) around oct 1st. A couple of new features still need to 
be finished (Daniel Genrich's work on fluids, bullet update). But 
that's being tackled. There's also some (smaller) patches under review 
that might make it. Larger patches will have to wait (like texture 
I'll help making release notes, so everyone please tell me cool 
additions in wiki that have to be copied in our blender.org notes.

BTW: I've also reviewed today with Brecht work on 2.5, this will 
startup now and speedup beginning of october too. News on that will 



Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation   ton at blender.org    www.blender.org
Blender Institute BV  Entrepotdok 57A  1018AD Amsterdam The Netherlands

More information about the Bf-committers mailing list