[Bf-committers] Wondering about the review of the command port patch...

Dietrich Bollmann diresu at web.de
Sun Sep 21 08:33:25 CEST 2008

On Sat, 2008-09-20 at 14:38 -0400, Stephen Swaney wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 12:30:05PM +0900, Dietrich Bollmann wrote:
>

> > Even if somehow disappointed about the way my patch was treated from the
> > beginning, of course I accept if you don't want it.  But I would like to
> > have it rejected with arguments which are motivated by the code itself
> > and not by the fact of everybody being very busy - which I understand of
> > course very well!
>
> I stand by my original review ( [#6887] The Blender Command Port patch )
> and note that your response was
>
>      Sorry ... I initially wrote the command port for myself and
>      didn't intend to publish the code.  So some changes and
>      experiments which are not really essential for the command port
>      itself ended up in the code.

Ok! here he stands, the person to blame, the bad reviewer who started
all this chain of bad feelings and misunderstanding:

Me myself!

Lets forget all this command port story before it is creating even more
frustration.  You are happy without it, I am happy using my own branch
and if there ever should be some other person who wants it he can apply
the patch himself :)

Sorry for all this trouble and thanks for your time!

Good luck,

Dietrich

...Still, I like the idea of a second repository where everybody can
start his own branch to play around with.  There would be one official
branch using those things which the official developers agree on and
everybody else would be happy to work on his own version easily
upgradable to the latest trunk revision and to other persons additions
and without any need to get things accepted...