[Bf-committers] reviewing Collada patches

migius migius at 4d-vectors.de
Sat Sep 20 13:16:04 CEST 2008

Ton wrote in:
https://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=127&aid=17395&group_id=9
>I can't review this really, please send message to bf-committers to ask for
it when you're ready?

hi,
I would do reviewing collada patches reported in tracker, sadly i cant do it
on regular basis.
AFAIK, there is no official maintainer of collada stuff ATM.
Is it OK if i submit correct patches directly to trunk?
Or must i consult it before with other active devs?

Improving collada support is a very complex task. I am afraid it could go
wrong without right coordination.
Is the patch tracker the only way to manage it?
I have no experience in patch management (the dxf-importer developing was
entirely a one-man-job).

To cumulate various patches in one patch report is suppose a bad manner.
Should the report be immediately closed after submit respective patch to the
trunk?
What to do if the author sends updated version later? Reopen the patch
report or start a new one?

migius