[Bf-committers] cmkae build problem with current apricot branch

Mathias Panzenböck grosser.meister.morti at gmx.net
Wed Sep 17 15:15:35 CEST 2008

Because the build of the current yo! frankie demo (v1.2) has library problems
with fedora 8 I tried to compile the current version of the apricot branch. I
"configured" using cmake -i but after I set all options to ma liking cmake crashed:
Variable Name: YESIAMSTUPID
Current Value: OFF
New Value (Enter to keep current value):

Please wait while cmake processes CMakeLists.txt files....

panzi at panzi:~/software/apricot$ echo $?
1
panzi at panzi:~/software/apricot$

Why am I using cmake instead of scons? Because scons always ends compilation
with this message:
Linking program ==> 'blender'
/home/panzi/software/apricot/build/linux2/lib/libbf_soundsystem.a(SND_OpenALDevice.o):
In function `SND_OpenALDevice::LoadSample(STR_String const&, void*, int)':
SND_OpenALDevice.cpp:(.text+0x10f1): undefined reference to `alutLoadWAVMemory'
SND_OpenALDevice.cpp:(.text+0x118c): undefined reference to `alutUnloadWAV'
SND_OpenALDevice.cpp:(.text+0x11bf): undefined reference to `alutLoadWAVFile'
collect2: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück
scons: *** [/home/panzi/software/apricot/build/linux2/bin/blender] Error 1
panzi at panzi:~/software/apricot/apricot$

So, I'm currently not able to build blender.

	-panzi