[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [16507] trunk/blender/source/blender: Particle collisions upgrade:

bjornmose bjornmose at gmx.net
Tue Sep 16 01:44:23 CEST 2008

Janne Karhu schrieb:
> Revision: 16507
>           http://projects.blender.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php?view=rev&root=bf-blender&revision=16507
> Author:   jhk
> Date:     2008-09-13 20:09:41 +0200 (Sat, 13 Sep 2008)

> To be noted: Only the average velocity of individual deflector faces is used, so collisions with rotating or deforming objects can't be handled accurately - this would require much more complex calculations. Subdividing the deflector object surface to smaller faces can help with this as the individual face velocities become more linear.

To solve this issues was one of the topics i travelled to the physics
sprint last year .. sigh :(
No one to blame .. but well .. looks like i was far ahead.
And now, that there are some 'design' decisions are taken by 'need to
get BBB finished' and ' put some laurel on my head (someone but you was
yelling for that .. let us cover that with cloth of silence)  ' i am
going to offer my 'old fart brain' again ..
I'd really like to put the physics sprint to a 2nd edition. I am not
sure if we should do it with all the paparazzi  around .
Just let me know what you think about a few days of focussed work on
physics in blender.
..
final note to all lurkers :
i know bullet has a 'soft body' engine .. looks nice to me .. but does
not solve any issue we are facing here :)
..
so much for that
BM