[Bf-committers] Patch #17631 - minor bugfix - PIL_dynlib_get_error_as_string returns NULL, causes crash.

Early Ehlinger early at respower.com
Mon Sep 15 22:44:58 CEST 2008

Gmail's giving me "issues" today, so if this comes through twice I'm sorry.

Basically, a few months back, Blender was crashing on the farm and we traced
the crash down to a case where PIL_dynlib_get_error_as_string returned NULL
and that NULL was passed to a standard C++ library function that didn't
check the result to see if it was a valid string.  It may have been
ostream's operator<<( char* ), but I honestly don't recall.

I'm just reviewing all of the patches we made during 2.46 since I didn't
have time to submit them for 2.47 and am regretting it now :-)

-- Early Ehlinger, President, ResPower, Inc.