[Bf-committers] Could this be considered a bug?

Sangwoo Hong sahngwoo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 22:12:47 CET 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Martin Poirier <theeth at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The final weight of a bone for a vertex is the weight assigned to its group
> renormalized on the total of all weights on that vertex.

Man, you're right...  So if I wanted a bone to effect a vertex exactly 50%
then I would have to set the value of the vertex group tied to the bone to
1.0 then have another vertex group on that vertex with a weight value of 1.0
while vertices that gets effected 100% gets 0.0 as the weight on the other
vertex group because the weights are being normalized.

Well, I suppose it's a bit confusing but short of writing, for lack of a
better phrase, an "un-normalized additive contribution" mode of doing the
weight calculations it can't be helped.  I suppose this means the issues in
more a sug then a bug at this point.

Thanks for clearing that up.

btw, where would I bring up a sug/feature request like this?  Is there an
official list I can append to?