[Bf-committers] BLENDER_MAX_THREADS limits & SCONS

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 22:45:33 CEST 2008

A few questions. I've build Blender on IRIX via MIPSPro and we're in
the process of testing it. One of my testers complained about the 8
thread limit, as some IRIX machines the testers have access to can be
up in the 32-64 CPU range. I remember there being some issues in the
past with changing this number to be too high. Are there any internal
limits to changing this to a higher number such as 128?

Also, I wonder if anyone would complain if I made BLENDER_MAX_THREADS
changable via Scons? something like

#ifndef BLENDER_MAX_THREADS
#define BLENDER_MAX_THREADS 8
#endif

That way we could compile for the number of cores based on the platform.

Timothy

--
Two wrights don't make a rong, they make an airplane. Or bicycles.