[Bf-committers] 2,48 segfault on linux running bullet tests

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Tue Oct 14 08:36:56 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 10:05 PM, Brecht Van Lommel <brecht at blender.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Maybe try, in source/gameengine/GameLogic/Joystick/SCA_Joystick.cpp,
> remove both uses of SDL_INIT_VIDEO and leave only SDL_INIT_JOYSTICK. No
> idea why it would be using that since it should not need any of the SDL
> video functionality there, and the crash seems to be in the video init.
[...]

I think SDL requires you to init video in order to get joystick
events. I know that is *used*
to (see for instance
http://listas.apesol.org/pipermail/sdl-libsdl.org/2006-April/055161.html),
but perhaps it has been changed. I wouldn't be surprised if it hadn't, though.

>From what I've read, initializing SDL's video subsystem also
initializes its event system,
and establishes connections to system-dependant souces of various
events. In the case
of X, it opens the connection to the X server.

This was not very helpful, sorry ...

Regards,

/Emil