[Bf-committers] VPAC Summer Internship Program

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Oct 8 14:05:22 CEST 2008

Hi Alex,

Blender has a quite advanced fluid simulator library. And although it
would be interesting to explore (parellel?) GPU based fluid sim, I
doubt that's a feasible target for anyone in such a short period.
For interns, as for the Google Summer of Code project we do, defining a
more simple and feasible project might work much better. Not to forget,
the previously acquired skills of a student defines a lot.

If an intern still has to get acquinted with GLSL coding, checking on
what's now in Blender and adding some simple extra features could work
well.
If you can get a more experienced GLSL developer, there's very
interesting new GLSL features to explore. This then depends on whether
you want to align with our roadmap mostly, or whether you want
something to be added for own application first. :)

We don't have an active GLSL wishlist, others might be able to tell
better than me. Maybe you can tell us a bit more about your own
interests or development targets?

-Ton-

Blender Institute BV  Entrepotdok 57A  1018AD Amsterdam The Netherlands