[Bf-committers] 2.48 Test Builds Plans

Nathan Letwory jesterking at letwory.net
Wed Oct 1 11:21:07 CEST 2008

Hi,

Although I got my machine back the other day, it has become very
unstable, from random BSODs to BSODing at startup. Recovery didn't
even help - it made things worse: the entire C:\ partition is... gone.
While I do have access to a Windows machine, it has no build
environment set up whatsoever (apart from Lua and a text editor for it
;) I ordered already the recovery discs from Fujitsu-Siemens for my
machine, but it'll take N days before I have these, and M more hours
of work to restore/reinstall the machine.

Emanuel, building would be easiest with scons (IMBO), you'll have to
get nsis installed and make sure it is in your path.

Short build instructions:
- Assumptions:
* msvs9 installed in C:\msvs9
* nsis installed in C:\nsis
* python installed in C:\python25
* blender module checked out to C:\blenderdev\blender
* lib\windows module check out to C:\blenderdev\lib\windows
* config file with name 'msvc' containing flags used for previous to
builds (to be sent by me later today)

1) start a cmd.exe. We work now exclusively in this
2) c:\msvs9\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat
3) set PATH=C:\python25;C:\nsis
4) scons BF_CONFIG=msvc nsis
5) drink your favorite beverage, read funny webcomics
6) zip up BF_INSTALLDIR
7) upload blender-2.48-[RCX-]windows.zip and
blender-2.48-[RCX]-windows.exe (renamed to whatever RC where
applicable)
8) hope there are no bugs

This should be it in all it's simplicity. I think I didn't forget any
step, but I can give support where needed.

/Nathan