[Bf-committers] R: GForge upgrade

mindrones mindrones at yahoo.it
Sat Nov 29 03:25:12 CET 2008

Hi,

--- Fri 28/11/08, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:

> BTW: migrating to other projects systems/trackers is
> possible, but
> mostly very tedious to get all history over as well...

I had a look at bugzilla features list, and I've found this "File/Modify Bugs By Email" feature very interesting
http://www.bugzilla.org/features/#email-in
http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/tip/en/html/api/email_in.html#Creating_a_New_Bug
(this is similar to what you do for blog posting via email, but maybe bugzilla doesn't accept attachments?)

Also this Firefox extension
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4117 (opens with ctrl-shift-B) is very fast searching for bugs and could help a lot.

I'm writing this because searching/posting bugs takes time, so please take in account ease of use and speed :)

How is it the GForge fork? Do they have a demo page?

Regards,
Luca

http://www.mindrones.com