[Bf-committers] ActiveX code rewrite (or request for creating a branch)

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Nov 25 18:12:37 CET 2008

Hi,

> (by Roger Wickes)
> If the Blender Foundation has an active certificate, they could sign
> the plug-in when it is released, which would solve the IE Security
> requirement.

I'm extremely reluctant to go into this. I'd still rather see a third
party picking it up, and turn into a business model with support,
security, signed/locked/trusted content, and also accepting the
responsibility. A public web player is really a big step... not
realistic to handle for a volunteer-based organization, and not
something I have time or energy for to manage here (via Foundation or
Institute).

-Ton-

Blender Institute BV  Entrepotdok 57A  1018AD Amsterdam The Netherlands