[Bf-committers] The (un)official render daemon discussion

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Tue Nov 18 18:03:28 CET 2008

> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 9:54 AM, Timothy Baldridge <tbaldridge at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The master node would be responsible for managing jobs, transfering
> > data, and stitching files. There would be no shared drive between the
> > nodes, all data will be transferred over TCP sockets.

Just expanding on Lars's comments.
I think the idea of a cache dir is great.  Also, if you set this up
as a networked drive then you wouldn't need to transfer the files via
sockets.  So you can have it both ways depending on your needs.

I think we need to think about this also from a picture vs animation
framepoint.  When doing an image you obviously want to do the stiching
but if doing an animation, it probably makes more sense to give each
node a frame and or a block of frames to work on instead.  The system
should be able to handle this.  (Or just go the frame route if you
want to keep things simple.)

Kent