[Bf-committers] id property changes

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Sun Nov 16 22:23:08 CET 2008

Hi,

> Wrapping ID properties with RNA is an interesting idea. . .  From what
> you're saying it sounds as if you'd like to use the RNA data API to
> access both SDNA struct properties and ID properties?  That would
> require the RNA api to support runtime property data (instead of
> generating accessors at compile time, eh that is what it does,
> right?), which sounds like it would be an entirely different set of
> code (from what I can figure).

It's not a big change, will commit support for that soon. With RNA a C
API with accessor functions for all properties could be autogenerated,
but that is not done currently.. there's no immediate application for
that as far as I can see, I think it would be mostly useful for C
plugins at some point.

> Do you have any of your RNA code online anywhere, or in the 2.5
> branch?

It's in the RNA branch, there is a viewer for data using RNA in the
outliner, and docs in the wiki:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/Blender2.5/RNA

Brecht.