[Bf-committers] unresolved subversion conflict in file blender/scons/scons-local-1.1.0/SCons/Tool/cc.py

Dietrich Bollmann diresu at web.de
Fri Nov 14 13:02:38 CET 2008

Uppsa...

...sorry sorry :)

...I found it grepping for '<<<<<<<' in order to search for conflicts in
my own sources and for some reason didn't notice that it is
uncommented...

Thank you for your response and sorry for writing this superfluous
mail :)

Cheers, Dietrich

By the way - misusing this message for some half private information:

As far as I remember you have been the person indicating me to the
launchpad blender branch, and, beside me, the only person subscribing to
it.  Have you noticed that there is a new import of the blender
repository?

Here it is: https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~vcs-imports/blender/trunk
(the old one moved to:
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~vcs-imports/blender/bf-blender-old ).

I played around with it a bit and it really makes it much much easier to
work on the blender sources for people who do not have writing access to
the blender repository or are working on some private version /
customisation of blender which is not interesting for the standard
blender user and therefore not accepted to the trunk.

Before I used my own private subversion repository importing the blender
sources as a "vendor drop" (see paragraph "Vendor Branches" in chapter
4. "Branching and Merging" of the "Version Control with Subversion"
book,
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.advanced.vendorbr.html ) -
which was much better than no version control at all but made updates
complicated and time consuming.  Using launchpad makes these thing
finally easy :)

May be this could be a solution for other people also who asked for a
different version control system!