[Bf-committers] VS2008 project files

Benoit Bolsee benoit.bolsee at online.be
Tue Nov 11 16:48:30 CET 2008

> One question; if we are able to stop supporting VS2003, does
> this mean we can also start requiring C90 or C99 compatibility?

I'm not proposing to drop support for VS2003 but simply drop the
maintenance of the VS2003 project files.

There are three ways to compile Blender in Windows: scons, cmake and
project files, the most common being scons and cmake. I and a few others
like to use the project files because it's an immediate way to compile
and debug blender. The project files used to be available for VS2003
only, so I upgraded them to VS2008.
But if you use scons or cmake, they will still compile fine if you have
VS2003.

Requiring C90 or C99 compatibility is another question.

Benoit