[Bf-committers] For the record: the Blender Render Deamon!

Mats Holmberg mats.holmberg at dnainternet.net
Tue Nov 11 16:41:40 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 14:29 +0100, Carsten Wartmann wrote:
> Sometimes I also do linear animation. For rendering I use "Farmer Joe"
> which pretty much works as you describe it and uses perl (I would prefer
> Python, more natural for Blender ;-)) and a own webserver for the GUI
> (or a Blender Python Script)

Farmer Joe is in fact very useful in that it requires very little
setting up. I especially like the fact that I can take any computer and
add it to the farm without installing anything (runs blender straight
from the shared folder over the network). Also it's simple to upgrade to
a newer blender version. But it's very much NOT a failsafe solution,
which is a pain.

>From a user standpoint what would be needed is something similar, though
easier still to set up (as was already mentioned). A tad better
integration - I don't think the average user likes editing .conf files
really.

Cheers,
Mats