[Bf-committers] Video texture for the BGE

Benoit Bolsee benoit.bolsee at online.be
Sun Nov 9 23:18:59 CET 2008

> merci beaucoup ! i have a problem using dv capture,
> but maybe it's because libavdevice not included
> in blender / ffmpeg?

Correct.
I take this opportunity to remind Peter that FFmpeg repository should be
upgraded and configured to include libavdevice so that live video
capture can be used in VideoTexture.

> using:
> GameLogic.video.source = VideoTexture.VideoFFmpeg('/dev/dv1394/0')

This is not the correct syntax, you have to tell VideoFFmpeg that you
want to do a video capture by passing the capture device id in the
second argument. The default value is -1, which means open a video file.

GameLogic.video.source = VideoTexture.VideoFFmpeg('dv1394', 0)
(the device name is automatically expanded as /dev/dv1394/0, but you can
also pass the device name)

I'm not so happy about this syntax. Best would be to have a separate
object for capture:

GameLogic.video.source = VideoTexture.CaptureFFmpeg('/dev/dv1394/0')

Regards,
Benoit