[Bf-committers] 2.50 Codebase Question

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Nov 2 12:16:40 CET 2008

Hi David,

Late reply, have been busy :)

#1: Unknown. It's possible, or not!

#2: We will have to set up a good migration path for 2.5 related recode
work, only then it's clear which parts of the code will be frozen, en
where development can happen still. Work on composite nodes is quite
safe though, not much will change here. Shader nodes I rather not
accept until we have a good nextgen shader proposal pinned down.
Material index passes were approved already, only the implementation
for it should be reviewed for correctness.

In the 2.5 branch, the entire blender/src and blender/include
directories disappeared, there the biggest issues for recode are
necessary, and it's advised to limit work on this part of Blender now.

-Ton-

Blender Institute BV  Entrepotdok 57A  1018AD Amsterdam The Netherlands