[Bf-committers] SCons matter

Jean-Luc Peurière jlp at nerim.net
Sat Nov 1 17:09:06 CET 2008

Le 1 nov. 08 à 13:57, Nathan Letwory a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> With my latest commits, a lot of people have been complaining about
> the requirement for SCons 1.0.0. There's a good list of reasons as why
> to move to the newest version here http://scons.org/CHANGES.txt and
> that I want, even *need* to work on cleaning up our scons files with a
> large array of changes and improvements (for this I'll start a page
> over at the wiki).
> To build there'll be only one small
> change on the command-line: $> python scons/scons.py

Hmm. On Os X this would be a problem.

first you need sudo rights to install in system.
Then, for the release builders that have to juggle with several python
versions, the standard install location is not good.

I would largely prefer that we create a txt document about how to
do a standard install, but without making it part of the build system.

Then, that being said, i agree on the 1.0 requirement.

--
Jean-Luc Peurière
jlp at nerim.net